Whether you are trying to select the best Nursery, Prep or Senior School in the UK, read our expert tips for choosing a school when relocating to the UK.
Live in Tutors
Live in tutors provide short or long-term support to your child, whatever their age or academic level. Support can be either full-time, or part-time, and in the UK, or overseas countries. Below, you can see a selection of SLT’s Live In Tutors, each of which has many years’ experience working with families. Each is carefully selected for their character, teaching skills and experience.
A live-in tutor, will be able to support your son or daughter in many different ways – from helping them prepare for exams to providing them with full-time home schooling. The residential tutor will not only match your child’s educational needs and personality, but will also blend in seamlessly with your family’s lifestyle. As well as having the appropriate teaching credentials, tutors are carefully selected to be a trustworthy and discreet role model for your son or daughter. Their lessons will be delivered at a pace that your child is comfortable with and in many cases; their impact can be transformative.
We introduce tutors who stay with or close to your family and support your child’s learning wherever you are and whatever the subject and academic level. Live in tutors will create a structured learning program that is focused on your child’s academic progression and adapted to their environment, often using local history and culture to make the learning experience even more enjoyable.
SLT’s approach to Live In Tutors
Based in Kensington, London, SLT has placed live in tutors in more than 40 countries around the world. We also introduce professional home tutors to work with families in London and to live with families all over the UK. If you are looking for a tutor to work with you online, please read more about our online tutors for international families.
Families come to us for a variety of reasons. We have placed tutors to work with students who have suffered anxiety at school because of bullying or other challenges. We also support sports or acting stars and expat families who have moved to a new country, or families who travel extensively and want to provide their children with a continuity of education.
A live in tutor can provide a range of benefits for parents considering home schooling their child:
- As a professional home school tutor, who lives with your family, they will be able to support your son or daughter in many different ways – from helping them study for national exams such as GCSEs, A-Levels or IB, to providing them with full-time home schooling.
- The live in tutor will not only match your child’s educational needs and personality, but will also blend in seamlessly with your family’s lifestyle.
- As well as having the appropriate teaching credentials and exam board knowledge, tutors are natural role models.
- For children with SEN, such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia or Asperger’s, a live in tutor can provide qualified, sustained support to help them access the curriculum and in time, return to mainstream education.
- Private tuition at home allows for lessons to be delivered at a pace that your child is comfortable with and in many cases; their impact can be transformative.
- Live in tutors can stay with or close to your family and support your child’s learning wherever you are and whatever the subject and academic level, from early years, through primary and secondary to A-Level and beyond.
- Tutors can provide full-time home schooling, or top up tuition to support regular schooling.
- Using a professional home tutor, who is up to date with your child’s curriculum and exam board will enhance their results dramatically. The tutor will createa structured learning program that is focused on your child’s academic progression and adapted to their environment, often using local history and culture to make the learning experience even more enjoyable.
All of the tutors listed below are available to provide live-in services, either in the UK, or abroad. Often their placements will be to support a student’s home schooling or, they may be helping a student to prepare for a specific entrance exam such as the 11 Plus, or 13 Plus, or the Ukiset. Live-in English tutors can help children who are coming to the UK to improve their written and spoken English.
If your family needs a particular skill set or type of person to work with their child, we can find that person. It might be that, for example they want a sports or acting coach, who can also get them through their A-levels. You might want someone with particular language skills, or interests or hobbies.
A Selection of SLT Live In Private Tutors
Alex has over 5 years tutoring experience and believes in developing a student's passion for the subject in order to help them learn. Alex is currently finishing an MSc in Wildlife Biology and Conservation and obtained a Postgraduate Certificate of Education in Biology
George teaches History, English and German. He is also a Common Entrance specialist.
Gillian is a highly multidisciplinary tutor, who specialises in English and Maths Tuition and has been working with us for 5 years.
Joana is a Science and Maths specialist, particularly specialising in Biology tuition and she has a large amount of experience with home schooling students.
Natasha is a multidisciplinary tutor, who specialises in Exam Preparation, English and Art. She can also support with Maths, Chemistry and Classics.
Omari is a highly multidisciplinary tutor, specialising particularly in English and Maths for Entrance exams from 7+ to 13+ for some of the UK's most competitive schools.
Ritchard has been tutoring for over 4 years and specialises in Maths and Science tuition up to A Level.
Xanthi teaches Maths, English and Science, specialising in GCSE Maths and English. As a writer, she is well-equipped to teach essay writing and has proven success in this area at a wide range of levels. She also specialises in Philosophy at A Level and above.
We ensure every residential tutor we introduce is perfectly matched to your child's learning style and academic requirements. Each one will have an outstanding academic background and proven track record. You can read more about this on our case studies page.
SLT introduces specialist full and part-time private tutors to families who live or are travelling outside the UK. They may travel with the family or work online. Find out the range of services international tutors can provide from a few hours a day of after-school tutoring to full-time home schooling, or preparation for entrance to a UK school or university.
Yes, absolutely. SLT has a long history of introducing tutors to work aboard yachts. We have a partnership with Edmiston, a world leader in yachting to provide tutors for their Educational Charters.
"Zora is a very devoted and conscientious tutor who prepares well and tries to get her student's attention with various methods. She is very polite and discrete".
Mrs. S, Residential 13+ Common Entrance Tuition in France
"Christopher has them both in the zone and comprehending what is required and the work and effort needed for the grades they want".
Mrs. F, Residential GCSE Chemistry Tuition
"Our charter clients benefit tremendously from the support of a professional tutor on board,” he says. "Personally, I have used SLT’s services for many years, and feel confident to recommend them to my clients."
Jamie Edmiston, CEO Edmiston Yachting
Advice For Parents
Browse our Advice for Parents articles for all of the latest tips and educational advice from our expert consultants. You can access more articles on our Advice for Parents page by using the link below.