Nathaniel McCullagh, Founder and Director of Simply Learning Tuition, advises how parents of bright or gifted children can strike the right balance with homework.
Reading and Writing Tips
- Homework advice for parents of bright or gifted children
- Removing the Barriers to Happy Homework
Private tutor Omari Eccleston-Brown shares more tips from his upcoming book, 'The Secret to Happy Homework'. Omari explains how an understanding of Executive Function can quickly identify and correct common learning challenges, resulting in a dramatic increase in your child’s marks and enjoyment of their work.
- Making Homework work for you
In this second of four special blogposts, private tutor Omari Eccleston-Brown shares top tips from his upcoming book 'The Secret to Happy Homework' on how parents can use rules and structure to end homework battles.
- How to Motivate Your Child To Do Their Homework
Omari Eccleston-Brown shares some top tips from his upcoming book 'The Secret to Happy Homework' on how parents can motivate their children to do their homework and achieve calmer, happier, and more productive homework with their children.
- The Children’s Choice: What are the best books out there?
What are the best children's books for young readers? A current and thoroughly enjoyable list of recommendations from author Rebecca Stonehill.
- The Literacy Gap: How to Keep Children Engaged in Reading and Writing Over the Summer Break
Literacy Lessons beyond the classroom. Tips for a summer full of fun, freedom, boredom and creativity!
- Free Writing Friday: A Creative Classroom Revolution
Fifteen minutes of free writing each week can have an impressive impact on your child's creativity in writing.
- Why Children Must Keep the Art of Handwriting Alive
At Simply Learning Tuition we enjoy the art of handwriting and have been inspired to get our fountain pens back out to reap the cognitive benefits.
- Using Poetry to Engage and Motivate Children
In this article private tutor and author, Rebecca Stonehill shares her top tips for inspiring literacy development through poetry.