I first became involved in education in 2009, when I spent an academic year teaching English at the Colegio Cerrado de Calderon school in Malaga, Spain. In this role I taught English to children from the ages of 6 to 16, taking responsibility for classes of up to 30 students. It was here that I developed a love for teaching, as well as learning a huge amount about how to motivate and stimulate students.
Having finished my degree in History, I now balance my time between studying Fine Art at Camberwell College of Arts and tutoring. My main tutoring ethos is that children need to enjoy learning in order to reach their full potential. Therefore, I make my sessions as interesting and engaging as possible.
I specialise in teaching Maths and English up to 11+. I also teach English, History and Geography up to GCSE level.
2010-2013 Durham University – BA History – 2:1
2002-2009 Sevenoaks School
International Baccalaureate: History HL 7, Geography HL 7, English HL 6, Physics SL 7, Maths SL 7, Spanish SL 6.
GCSE: History A*, Geography A*, English Language A*, English Literature A*, Physics A*, Chemistry A*, Biology A*, Maths A*, Design A, Spanish A
– Colegio Cerrado de Calderon 2009/2010: I taught English to children from the ages of 6 to 16, taking responsibility for classes of up to 30 students. I focused on spoken and written English in these sessions, using a wide range of exercises and games.
– International Baccalaureate Geography: I have recently been tutoring a 17 year old boy at Marlborough college in Geography. The boy is dyslexic and in the sessions we focus on constructing arguments and essays. We run through a number of essay plans in order to build his confidence.
– International Baccalaureate Geography: I have also been teaching Geography to an American girl at Southbank International School. This girl also struggles with articulating her thoughts, which is a problem that we have been addressing in our sessions.
– GCSE English and History: I have previously given tuition sessions to a boy at Sevenoaks school in English and History. The student was highly capable and my aim was to put him in a position to obtain outstanding GCSE results, which he did.
– Year 7/8 Maths: I am currently teaching maths to a number of students in both year 7 and 8. These students include a brother and sister of Italian-German descent, as well as a British girl from Lancaster Gate. In these sessions we focus on topics ranging from number sequences to column addition. I use a star system in these sessions, which the students respond to well.
Outside of tutoring, I am a keen painter and I am currently studying Fine Art at Camberwell College of Arts, with a view to doing a BA in Painting in the future.
I also enjoy playing a number of sports, including football, cricket and golf. I current play football for the University of the Arts London. I also play for my village cricket team during the summer.