My specialist subject areas include: Common Entrance preparation, English, Music and Acting.
What makes me a good tutor?
I believe that the most important skill in helping anyone to learn is empathy. I enjoy getting to know my students and in doing so, their way of thinking, so that I might ascertain the most appropriate methods to help them overcome their weaknesses and develop their strengths.
As Head Girl at school, I was the first to hear from any of the younger girls if they were unhappy or struggling and regularly met with teachers to solve any cases of bullying. I assisted in running workshops with the arts department for Year 6 children to build their confidence as they looked forward to joining the school as Year 7 students.
I have recently enjoyed working with two children’s theatre companies where the ability to interact, inspire and build empathy with the children was essential.
* Masters from, ‘The Central School of Speech & Drama’
* 2:1 from, ‘Durham University’
* A grades at A-Level in Music, English Literature and History
* 10 A/A*s at GCSE
At school I was Head Girl, Managing Director of Young Enterprise, Head of Choir, Head of Chamber Choir and played for the 1st Team in: Netball, Lacrosse, Hockey, Basketball, Rounders, Tennis and Badminton. I was selected to play in the Canada Sports Tour.
After graduating from Durham University, I joined a graduate scheme with Michael Page International, Financial Services & Banking sector. They are a blue chip, multinational organisation and a publicly quoted, global recruitment agency.
I left to study for my Masters in Acting & Music Theatre at the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama and have been working as a professional actor and tutor since 2011.
*** I am an approved SLT Senior Tutor. Please note my higher hourly rate. ***
The most recent subjects I have tutored in are:
– English (Reading, Writing, Non-Verbal & Verbal Reasoning) Common Entrance 7+, 11+ and 13+
– Mathematics Common Entrance 7+, 11+ and 13+
– Music and Drama GCSE & A Level
– Acting & Singing
– Interview Preparation
Selection of Clients:
• Rosena (aged 17) A-level Music tutorials throughout her final year (scored an A in her listening exam and secured a place at her first choice university).
• James (aged 16) GCSE Music tutorials throughout his final year (awarded an A grade). I am currently tutoring James for his Music and Drama AS Level examinations.
• Rory (aged 12) 13+ Common Entrance English preparation on a weekly basis and Zara (aged 10) 11+ Common Entrance Pre-test preparation (both successfully gained entrance to St. John’s).
• Jeff (aged 10) 11+ Common Entrance Interview and English preparation twice a week for 2 months (gained entrance to Alleyn’s, Latymer and King’s College).
• Una (aged 10) 11+ Common Entrance Interview, English, Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Mathematics preparation twice a week for 4 months (gained entrance to Francis Holland, St. James’ and Queen’s Gate).
• Millie (aged 10) 11+ Common Entrance Interview, English and Mathematics preparation twice a week for 4 months (gained entrance to Francis Holland, Channing, Northbridge House and Queen’s College).
• Annabel (aged 10) 11+ Common Entrance English and Mathematics preparation on a weekly basis for 6 months (gained entrance to Channing and Queen’s College).
• Luke (aged 10) 11+ Common Entrance Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning preparation on a weekly basis for 6 months (gained entrance to Hampton, King’s College and St. Benedict’s).
• Anna (aged 10) 11+ Common Entrance English preparation twice a week for 6 months (accepted a place at Francis Holland).
• Nikita, Lexie and Carina (aged 10) Grammar School 11+ Examination preparation over the summer in: English, Maths, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
• Isabella (aged 10) Senior School Drama Scholarship audition preparation (awarded the scholarship). Subsequently, we have met for professional film audition preparation.
• Basma (aged 15) Cultural trips and mentoring over her summer holiday in a country which was new to her.
• Theo (aged 6) and Isabella (aged 13) Elocution lessons.
• Jaami (aged 9) required Interview coaching and intensive preparation for his Entrance Examination in Mathematics and English (successfully achieved entrance into Cranbrook School).
• Yehya (aged 9), Nicholas (aged 9) and Fionn (aged 10) Intensive English and Mathematics tuition over the summer holidays.
• Anchu (aged 6) 7+ Common Entrance English preparation, Elocution and Interview sessions on a weekly basis for 4 months (gained entrance to Westminster Under School and Dulwich Prep).
• Rocco (aged 6) Intensive English and Mathematics tuition twice a week for 3 months (prepared him for his first term at a new school).
• Joshua (aged 7) Intensive Mathematics Support on a weekly basis.
• Joris (aged 5) and Claire (aged 8) English Support and Development on a weekly basis.
“Natalie was great, very punctual, always upbeat and made learning fun for Liberty. I really wish we’d had her sooner. Thank you for your help.” (Liberty gained entrance to her preferred North London Consortium schools at 11+.)
“Natalie is an enthusiastic, conscientious and hard-working tutor who is absolutely committed to her students. She provides an individually tailored working programme that is comprehensive and relevant. We cannot thank her enough for helping to provide 11 plus success for our son.“ (Fionn gained entry to Highgate at 11+.)
“Natalie was a great tutor, full of energy, very positive and good at picking up on areas of weakness and working on them. I also found her feedback at the end of lessons really useful as it helped me to work with Millie between lessons on the right topics. I also found the way Natalie marked the homework she set very instructive as it gave Millie and I a sense of what sort of length of answers she needed to give on the comprehensions and also how best to structure her creative writing. I also liked the textbooks she recommended as they gave a very clear guide through the curriculums with great practice questions. All in all, I felt Natalie was extremely professional and really prepared Millie well for the exams. Natalie also made the lessons very engaging and fun for Millie so she was never reluctant to have a lesson.” (Millie gained entrance to Francis Holland, Channing, Northbridge House and Queen’s College at 11+.)
“Regarding Natalie as a tutor, bearing in mind I used to teach, she was superb! Natalie has a talent for being engaging and communicating well, usefully and to the point. She was well resourced… Natalie was always eager to know our needs and to deliver. She helped us in every way possible, including additional advice to my daughter between lessons and to me regarding the university application. My daughter managed to achieve the grade at A level that she needed and is going to her first choice university… so, it has been a tremendous success and I would recommend Natalie to another family wholeheartedly.” (Rosena scored an A in her A-level Music listening exam and secured a place to study at her first choice university.)
“You are the best of the best. Jaami has come a long long way. You have instilled in him the discipline of self-directed learning and tenacity, perseverance.“ (Jaami battled against dyscalculia and successfully gained entry to Cranbrook, Portland Place and Colfes.)
“I was delighted with Natalie. She tutored my daughter for two sessions, helping her prepare for a drama scholarship audition. Natalie was friendly, cheerful, professional and she came very well prepared. We had discussed Isabella’s needs prior to the session so no time was wasted during it and Natalie got to know Isabella quickly and zoomed in on her existing skills and what to improve. She gave Isabella lots of invaluable tips along with constructive criticism and praise for her acting. Importantly, she prepared her to be confident, and prudently, also discussed with her the possibility of not obtaining the desired outcome and how to deal with that. Luckily, and with huge thanks to Natalie, Isabella was offered the scholarship and she is happy as pie. As am I! I would highly recommend Natalie. She was recommended to me by a friend and was worth every minute of the two sessions! Thank you.” (Isabella was awarded the Senior School Drama Scholarship.)
“We have been very happy with Natalie’s work with Josh. She has actually achieved the impossible and managed to make maths fun for him and he has thrived while studying with her. Her patience and resourcefulness are very impressive and her feedback has been very thorough. We would wholeheartedly recommend Natalie as a tutor. ” (Maths tuition helped boost Josh’s confidence in Year 3.)
“Rocco’s maths has improved greatly. Natalie was super to have here and her work with Rocco has helped immeasurably.” (Intensive tuition helped Rocco, aged 6, in his first term at a new school.)
“I just had to write and tell you that today Scott received a Headmaster’s Award and a much coveted Technology Badge for a touch-typing challenge they did at school. He did an impressive 40 words per minute! So he and I are still very grateful for everything you did for him. Apparently when the Headmaster gave him his award and badge he said (much to Scott’s delight), “Wow, 40 words a minute …. That’s much faster than my secretary!” (Touch-typing and Maths tuition for a pupil aged 10.)
“Thank you so much for all the help & coaching you offered – Rory and all of us are so chuffed about his success.” (Rory passed his 13+ Common Entrance Exam and gained entry to St. John’s.)
“I just wanted to say how happy we were with Natalie-I will definitely be recommending the agency to friends.” (Luke gained entry to Hampton, King’s College & St. Benedict’s at 11+.)