My specialist subjects are English, Sociology and Psychology. I also teach Drama, LAMDA Examinations and audition technique for pupils hoping to win a place at Drama and stage schools.
A good tutor is one that can ground students with a solid foundation in understanding the subjects as well as arming students with sharp exam technique. A tutor should be clear, calm, methodical, and also ignite the students passion and drive to achieve in a particular subject.
I hold a Bsc from the London school of Economics in Social Policy, Criminal Justice and Psychology and a MA from Central St Martins University of London in which I achieved a Distinction.
For A-Levels I achieved four As- in English Literature, Sociology, Performing Arts and Media Studies.
For GCSE I achieved four A*s, five As and one B
During my studies I have accumulated a large amount of experience working with children, across varying settings, age groups, abilities and socio-economic status’.
I am passionate about tutoring and I am results driven and am therefore determined to see marked improvements to tutors understanding of school work and examination results.
I have recently returned from Russia, where I taught a broad home schooling curriculum (covering ALL academic subjects, ranging from Art to Science and Mathematics) with a heavy focus on English. My pupils were aged ten and twelve and gained entry into a leading London Private school.
I was also responsible for intensively teaching their parents English as a foreign language, which proved to have fantastic results, both adults now able to converse fluently.
Prior to this, I taught A-level Sociology with Simply Learning, and more generally, over the past four years I have tutored with three London tutoring agencies teaching a number of students from year 5 to University level in subjects such as entrance preparation for University, stage and drama schools, GCSE Science, Maths, History, Geography, Sociology, and Drama; and A-level English, Sociology and Psychology.
Students have all markedly improved, with one student moving from a predicted D grade and achieving an A grade in A-level Sociology.
Specialist subjects include:
• Year 4-10 Science and English
• GCSE, AS & A Level English
• GCSE, AS & A Level Sociology
• GCSE, AS & A Level Psychology
• GCSE, A-level Drama
• History and Geography
• Entrance into Top UK Stage & Drama Schools
• GCSE & A Level Media Studies
• Degree level Psychology, Sociology and Acting/Drama
Other work experience.
• 4 month residential placement teaching full home schooling curriculum to two girls aged 8 and 10, in line with top London private school. Placement included teaching their parents intensive English as a foreign language lessons.
• 6 month teaching placement in Peru, teaching English and Drama under to company INABIF which works with street children and Orphanages to improve literacy and numeracy skills. Here I had experience working with children with SENs.
In addition, I led workshops under the umbrella of social services and the Department of Health with 15-20 children in care.
I regularly go to the theatre, watch films and I also write plays and screenplays as well as run my own film and theatre group
‘She was excellent, always punctual, reliable, honest, and trustworthy and most of all Ben adored her.’
Jill, mother of 9 year old student
‘Excellent tutor – I went from Cs to As!’