Literacy Lessons beyond the classroom. Tips for a summer full of fun, freedom, boredom and creativity!
Advice For Parents
Simply Learning Tuition has been advising families on every part of their child’s education for over ten years. Our blogs, webinars, videos and live events offer advice on a wide range of topics – from essential homework tips, 11+ & 13+ preparation to insightful reviews of the most popular independent schools in the UK.
- The Literacy Gap: How to Keep Children Engaged in Reading and Writing Over the Summer Break
- Free Writing Friday: A Creative Classroom Revolution
Fifteen minutes of free writing each week can have an impressive impact on your child's creativity in writing.
- Making Summer Count
Experts reveal their top tips, with practical suggestions for summer holiday learning - easy to implement and embrace immediately.
- Tips for Transitioning into Nursery or Pre-Prep
Is your child school ready? Our early years specialist advises parents on how to help your child get ready for the transition to Nursery or Reception.
- Why Children Must Keep the Art of Handwriting Alive
At Simply Learning Tuition we enjoy the art of handwriting and have been inspired to get our fountain pens back out to reap the cognitive benefits.
- How to Write the Best University Application
In this article private tutor Sarah Alakija shares her top tips on preparing to write an outstanding UCAS personal statement.
- Using Poetry to Engage and Motivate Children
In this article private tutor and author, Rebecca Stonehill shares her top tips for inspiring literacy development through poetry.
- How to Nurture Curious and Inquisitive Young Minds
At Simply Learning Tuition, we work with tutors who are experts in inspiring young and growing minds. It’s wonderful to see others with similar, science-inspired aims. Here’s what the team at science magazine Whizz Pop Bang have to say.
- How to Encourage a Reluctant Reader
In this article private tutor and author Rebecca Stonehill provides her top tips on how to encourage a reluctant reader and discover a secret trail of books.